Monday, June 16, 2008

Loved The June Book!

Hi Ladies,

Well I started and finished this book in one day, which is really good going for someone that hasn't been reading any books at all over the last couple of months!
Really enjoyed it, I wasnt too sure about it when I suggested it but its a great read!

Duffys circus has pulled in up the road from me and I might just be tempted to skip town......dont know if I can make it on the trapeze just yet though.

Have a copy of the book if anyone wants to borrow it.

val

2 comments:

trishp said...

Here are Sineads Comments on the book Water for Elephants:

Liked the book - great holiday read and was easily accessible to the reader. Liked the juxtoposition of old & young with the protagonist looking back on his life. The storyline of his life in the home was so sad, and reminded me of how we take alot of our older family members for granted and forget they too were once young like us...

As for the story well was bit OTT in reality but enjoyable read. Didn't reveal anything new or open my eyes to another world but it was like a love story told in flashback. Ending with him rejoining the circus was a bit too corny though...

trishp said...

My own view on this book is that I enjoyed it and felt that it was well-researched in respect to the inner workings of the circus. I liked the love triangle and the fact it was told in flashback - an old man reliving an exciting part of his life. I agree that the ending was a bit far-fetched but liked the idea of him running away with the circus - like the story came full circle.